SIM Card Registration
In compliance with the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority’s (TRA) ‘SIM-card Registration Regulation’ that applies to all operators, stc is required to verify the identity of all customers.
Effective July 12, 2017, all customers must register their fingerprint at any stc shop or authorized point of sale.
Registration of Existing Customers
All existing stc customers must register their lines at the Point of Sale:
- Visit a stc store or authorized point of sale
- Show a valid passport or a valid national identity card issued by any GCC country
- Scan the fingerprint
- Registration deadline for existing Postpaid customers is September 2, 2018
- Registration deadline for existing Prepaid customers is June 2nd, 2019
Registration of New Customers and New SIM Sale
Every new stc customer must provide the following when requesting a SIM card:
- Fingerprint Scan*
- A valid passport or a valid national identity card issued by any GCC country
Fingerprint verification is compulsory in each of the following cases
- If you’re an existing or a new stc customer
- Ownership change
- Customer verification for existing Prepaid, Postpaid and Data customers
- Customers migrating from other operators to stc
* Fingerprint scans will be verified by the Information and eGovernment Authority (IGA)
Charges may apply for successful verifications.
Customer will not be allowed to register more than 10 prepaid lines under one valid ID.